Success to me is making a valuable and unique contribution to humanity and on a smaller scale, making the world a little better everyday.
- Taran Ghatrora, CEO/Co-Founder, ElleBoxCo
Borrowing this one from Maya Angelou: “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
- Elana Lyn Gross, Founder, Elana Lyn
Helping humanity, and sentient beings in general, thrive (me included as one of the mass of living beings with my own capacity for happiness/suffering and capacity to mold our environment to improve happiness and decrease suffering).
- Misha Talavera, COO/Co-Founder, NeoReach
Financial independence and being at peace.
- Amy Lee, Influencer/Content Creator, Vagabond Youth
Living life on your terms. If you’ve intentionally designed a lifestyle and it’s come to fruition, that’s success. Doing life the way you want to.
- Kate Gremillion, CEO/Founder, Mavenly + Co
Achieving your short term goals while staying on track for your long term goals.
- Josh Berd, DDS, Founder, The Dentist Group
To me success means not needing an alarm clock to wake me up at a certain time or get me out of bed earlier than I would otherwise choose. It also means feeling that my life is both meaningful and balanced, and that I’d be perfectly happy doing what I do now, for many years to come.
- Rebecca Brian Pan, CEO/Founder, Covo
Success to me is being able to do what you like, being surrounded by people that love you and that you love, and making a positive impact in other people’s lives.
- Alejandro Rioja, CEO/Founder, Flux Ventures
Helping others thrive and achieve their goals.
- Austin Vaday, CTO, Aquaint
I think success is a never ending journey. Being successful is relative to the person, and I believe that obtaining it comes from always setting up new goals for yourself and always pursuing your passion. As long as you are working towards a goal, you are succeeding in some way.
- Kevin McReynolds, CEO/Founder McReynolds Enterprises
Happiness. If I'm happy and fulfilled in what I'm doing and what I've done, I'm successful.
- Olivia Davis, Founder, Olivia Davis Make-Up Artist
Success means that I’m right where I should be, making full use of my experiences and capabilities and having a positive impact to all of those around me. And importantly, that I’m empowering those around me to do the same.
- DeAnne Steele, CFA, CAIA, Managing Director & Investment Executive - Western United States, U.S. Trust
Success to me means having great balance with work, health, relationships, and fun.
- Skyler Logsdon, Head of Buying, Pricing & Partner Relations, Tatari
Success means benefiting the greater good. Literally giving and creating more than you’re consuming.
- Steve O'Dell, CEO/Co-Founder, Tenzo Tea
Shout out to our fellow Bruin, Coach John Wooden, “Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.” By challenging yourself to do what you’re capable of, you’ll surprise yourself by what you can achieve.
- Lindsey Pallares & Vivian Nguyen, Co-Founders, Throw Like a GRL
It means freedom. Financial freedom, time freedom, creative freedom. When I can make decisions purely for the joy of doing something--not because I have to, but because I want to, I know I have reached a level of success.
-Vanessa Van Edwards, Lead Investigator, Science of People
I think success means that you are happy, comfortable, content in various aspects of your well-being-physically, emotionally, financially, and whatever else is of meaning to you. I would define it as finding the perfect balance for all the things that you find meaningful in life.
- Yasmeen Al-Mazeedi, Musician